Using EBT & Coupons
Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
- Coupons can be used for produce only.
- Coupons are distributed in early June and July.
- They can be used from July until the end of November.
- Coupons come in booklets of 5, each coupon is worth $4.
- Coupons must be used in $4 increments. You cannot receive change. Visit here to learn about applying for FMNP coupons or signing-up to accept FMNP coupons.
- Look for vendors with the FMNP sign or ask vendors if they accept FMNP, or find an FMNP market here.
Using EBT/SNAP (formerly food stamps) at Farmers' Markets
- At markets that accept EBT, you will need to visit the Market Manager Booth to swipe your EBT card.
- The Market Manager will give you tokens in the amount of money that you swiped.
can be redeemed at participating vendors. Vendors should have signs
that say whether they accept the tokens. If you don't see a sign, ask.
cannot receive change for your tokens, so ask farmers to round the
amount of product you are buying to equal whole dollar amounts.
- Only approved products can be purchased with EBT (See below)
What can I buy with SNAP?
can buy any food including: fresh vegetables, fruit, meats, honey,
cheese, maple syrup, dairy, eggs, baked goods, jams, jellies, mushrooms,
juice, culinary herbs and other pickled and processed foods. You can
also buy seeds and plants used to grow foods.
What is not allowed?
Prepared foods, crafts, ornamental plants
Last updated July 26, 2019