Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ontario County relies on the support of enrolled farms to underwrite our specialist educators in dairy, vineyard, and vegetable farming. In return, the enrolled farms receive frequent mail and e-mail contacts and direct access to crop, dairy, and livestock advisors backed up by Cornell researchers and hundreds of experts across the country.
To receive an enrollment form: Call (585) 394.3977 x 427 or email: Nancy with your name and address or you can download the forms below.
This team serves dairy farms, field crop and forage farms and commercial livestock farms, including beef, sheep, goat and poultry. Educational program provided by the Northwest New York Dairy, Livestock and Field Crops Team includes:
• Ag Focus, monthly publication
• Field Crop Topics newsletters
• Meeting / workshop notices
• Special bulletins on farm business management
• Farm visits and on farm research
2019 Cornell Guidelines for Field Crops is available for $31.00
($36 after 2/28/19)
Cornell Vegetable Program ($70.00)
This specialized team serves vegetable farms, including conventional, organic and market farms. Information provided on onions, cabbage, potatoes, dry beans, soil health, processing vegetables (sweet corn, snap beans, peas, beets, carrots), fresh market, small farms, greenhouse, business management and organics. Enrollment in the Cornell Vegetable Program includes:
• An electronic subscription to Veg Edge newsletter. Enrollees can expect to receive Veg Edge every few weeks,more often during the growing season.
• Enrollees may specify a maximum of 2 e-mail addresses for receipt of the newsletter.
• Enrollees have the option of a paper copy mailed to one address for an additional fee of $35 per year.
2019 Cornell Guidelines for Vegetable Crops is available for $41.00 ($46 after 2/28/19)
For those who DO NOT live, farm, or conduct agricultural services within the CVP partner counties (See map in Enrollment Cover above).
Angela or 585-394-3977 x 426.
2019 Special Contributions
We are also offering you the opportunity to make a special donation to the Cooperative Extension program of your choice this year. The amount you specify, over and above that which you send for enrollment, will be given directly to the program you select.
Commercial Agriculture Teams:
NWNY Dairy / Livestock / Field Crops
Cornell Vegetable Program
Cooperative Extension of Ontario County
For more information contact Nancy or 585-394-3977 x 427.
Last updated January 5, 2019