Ensure the safety of your private water supply with a well water test!
Well Water Program
Ontario County residents can test their well water for potability (coliform bacteria and E.coli) through our Well Water Testing Program.
Choose one of the following tests:
- Total Coliform / E.coli (positive / negative) results: Cost $32.00
Total Coliform / E.coli (positive / negative) and nitrates (enumerated): Cost $57. .00
Bottles and complete instructions can be picked up at Cornell Cooperative Extension, 480 North Main Street, Canandaigua, NY.
Quick synopsis of the well water testing program:
- Pick up bottles and instructions at CCE Ontario
- Follow directions to draw a sample from your kitchen sink faucet to test.
- Deliver samples to the drop-off point at the City Mini Storage Office
Building in Canandaigua for Life Science Laboratories (a New York State
Drop off times: 9:00 am to Noon, Monday through Thursday. Samples are not accepted at any other time.
- Pay for the testing you requested when water sample is dropped off. It is on the lab Chain of Custody Record.
Total Coliform / E.coli (positive / negative) results: Cost $32.00
Total Coliform / E.coli (positive / negative) and nitrates (enumerated): Cost $57.00
- Make checks payable to Life Science Labs and leave with your water sample. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension-Ontario County will receive a copy of
your results when you do.
If you have any questions about the well testing program, please call Nancy at 585-394-3977 x 427 or email Nancy with your questions. Thank you for taking this important step to ensure the safety of your private water supply!
Last updated July 26, 2019