Ensure that your farm is prepared to handle disaster and emergency situations that can occur on any farm. The Farm Disaster Preparation Certificate workshop will cover material relevant to farms of all sizes and production types, including animal agriculture concerns in disaster situations. Participating farms will be better prepared to withstand a farm emergency with a higher level of resiliency.
This training includes sections that cover:
- Managing farm equipment safety on the road
- Preventing barn fire and structure collapse
- Minimizing storm damage, coping with power outages, and maintaining continuity of farm operations during community disasters
- Reducing criminal activity and stored chemical risks
- Enhancing livestock handling and bio security
Farms that complete the full training will earn a Farm Disaster Preparation Certificate. Several farm insurance companies in New York acknowledge this program and will provide an incentive for farm owners to participate. Farms that complete the Farm Disaster Preparation Certificate training will receive a dated certificate to provide to their insurer. The certificate may be a condition of eligibility for receiving a more favorable farm insurance policy review or a discount on the farm's annual insurance premium., The economic value of the recognition or discount will vary according to individual policies and policyholder circumstances.
Register online at here or call Nancy Anderson at 585.394.3977 x427.
$40 per person